Diabetes Sugar Treatment Doctor in Rajouri Garden Delhi
Book online appointment for Diabetes Sugar Treatment Doctor in Rajouri Garden Delhi. Consultation with 25+ Years of Experienced & Award Winning Dr. Monga Medi Clinic .
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder that affects millions of people worldwide. It is characterized by elevated blood glucose levels, resulting from either insufficient insulin production or the body's inability to effectively use the insulin it produces. There are primarily two types of diabetes: Type 1 and Type 2.
Ayurvedic Approach to Diabetes Treatment
Ayurveda, which translates to "the science of life," is an ancient healing system that dates back thousands of years. According to Ayurveda, diabetes is classified as "Prameha," and it is considered a disorder resulting from an imbalance in the three fundamental energies or doshas - Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
The primary goal of Ayurvedic treatment for diabetes is to balance these doshas and restore the body's natural harmony. Some common Ayurvedic approaches to diabetes treatment include:
Herbal Medicines: Ayurvedic practitioners use a wide range of medicinal herbs to help manage blood sugar levels. These herbs may include bitter melon (Karela), fenugreek (Methi), Indian gooseberry (Amla), and turmeric (Curcumin).
Diet and Lifestyle Changes: Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of a balanced diet and lifestyle modifications. Patients are advised to avoid sugary and processed foods, consume whole grains, vegetables, and fruits. Regular exercise, yoga, and stress reduction techniques are also recommended.
Panchakarma: This is a detoxification procedure in Ayurveda that aims to eliminate toxins from the body. Panchakarma therapies may help improve insulin sensitivity and overall metabolic function.
Yoga and Meditation: Practicing yoga postures and meditation can help reduce stress and improve blood sugar control.
It is crucial to note that Ayurvedic treatments should be administered by qualified practitioners and should not be used as a replacement for modern medical treatment, especially in cases of Type 1 diabetes. Call for Consultation with Diabetes Sugar Treatment Doctor in Rajouri Garden Delhi.
Modern Medicine Approach to Diabetes Treatment:
Modern medicine employs evidence-based approaches to diagnose and manage diabetes. The treatment plan may vary depending on the type and severity of diabetes, but some common strategies include:
Insulin Therapy: Individuals with Type 1 diabetes and some with Type 2 diabetes require insulin injections to manage their blood sugar levels effectively.
Oral Medications: For Type 2 diabetes, various classes of oral medications are available that help improve insulin sensitivity, reduce glucose production in the liver, and enhance the pancreas's insulin secretion.
Blood Sugar Monitoring: Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is essential for diabetes management. This information helps individuals and healthcare providers adjust treatment plans as needed.
Diet and Exercise: Similar to Ayurveda, modern medicine emphasizes the importance of a balanced diet and regular physical activity in diabetes management. Patients are often advised to work with a registered dietitian to develop personalized meal plans.
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) and Insulin Pumps: Advanced technologies like CGM and insulin pumps offer more precise glucose monitoring and insulin delivery for better diabetes control.
Bariatric Surgery: In some cases of severe obesity-related Type 2 diabetes, bariatric surgery may be considered as a treatment option.
It is vital to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the most suitable treatment approach based on individual needs and medical history. In some cases, a combination of Ayurveda and modern medicine approaches may be considered, but it should be done under the guidance and supervision of qualified practitioners from both fields.
is a complex condition that requires careful management to prevent complications. Both Ayurveda and modern medicine offer valuable tools and strategies to help individuals with diabetes lead healthier lives. The key is to seek personalized care from qualified professionals and adopt a holistic approach that includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and stress management. Remember, early diagnosis and consistent management are crucial for effective diabetes treatment and prevention of complications. Consultation with Diabetes Sugar Treatment Doctor in Rajouri Garden Delhi.
- Type-1 Diabetes Type 1 diabetes happens when your immune system destroys cells in your pancreas called beta cells.
- Type-2 Diabetes Type 2 diabetes is a chronic condition that affects the way your body metabolizes sugar (glucose) Ã¯Â¿Â½ an important source of fuel for your body.
- Gestational Diabetes (GD) It refers to the onset or initial recognition of glucose intolerance during pregnancy, usually in the second or third trimester.
- Others There are also genetic defects of blood sugar, beta cells of pancreas, exocrine disease of pancreas, endocrinopathies, drug induced diabetes.
Signs & Symptoms of Diabetes
It includes symptoms like
- Excessive thirst and hunger feeling
- Frequent urination, mostly during night
- Blurring of vision (diabetic retinopathy)
- Tiredness feeling all time
- Unexplained weight loss
- Delayed wound healing (diabetic foot ulcer)
Causes of Diabetes:
- Familial predisposition
- Lack of Physical activity like yoga & exercise
- Mental & Environmental stress
- Irregular meal times, too much sweet, sour, salty foods and drinks
- Foods that increase kapha, medhas and moothra
- Delayed wound healing (diabetic foot ulcer)
How to detect diabetes?
- Measure random blood sugar / fasting blood sugar
- A1C test
- Test urine & Ketones
How we manage Diabetes?
- We understand your case history.
- An on the spot blood suger test is done.
- HbA1c test is conducted.
- Diabetes educator clears your doubts
- An easy-to-do daily excercise regime is advised.
- An easy to follow diet plan is designed.
- Continuous glucose monitoring system (CGMS - 336 hrs, non-stop) is offered, if needed.
- Your blood suger levels gradually become manageable.
- Our patient care exeutive follows-up with you regularly.
Prediabetes is a wake-up call that you're on the path to diabetes. If your Sugal Levels are higher than normal but in the Diabetes Range, then you are a Pre-Diabetic.
According to a report by The Week, there are around 80 million people with pre-diabetes in India. Most of them have not been diagnosed because pre-diabetes can only be detected through screening, and there are no symptoms at this stage.
|Plasma glucose test||Normal||Prediabetes|
|Random||Below 11.1 mmol/l Below 200 mg/dl||N/A|
|Fasting||Below 5.5 mmol/l Below 100 mg/dl||N5.5 to 6.9 mmol/100 to 125 mg/dl|
|2 hour post-prandial||Below 7.8 mmol/l Below 140 mg/dl||7.8 to 11.0 mmol/140 to 199 mg/dl|
None. Although most people with prediabetes have no symptoms, you might notice you're extra thirsty, pee a lot more, or have blurred vision or extreme fatigue.
Yes. Diabetes can affect many parts of your body, including your skin. When diabetes affects the skin, it's often a sign that your blood sugar (glucose) levels are too high. Among many signs
- Skin tags
- Yellow, reddish, or brown patches on your skin (Necrobiosis lipoidica)
- Darker area of skin around neck that feels like velvet (Acanthosis nigricans (AN))
- Hard, thickening skin on fingers, toes (digital sclerosis)
- Blisters (bullosis (bull-low-sis) diabetricorum)
- Shin spots or depressed lines on skin (diabetic dermopathy)
- Have a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Had gestational diabetes or gave birth to a baby weighing more than 9 pounds
- Have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Are African-American, Native American, Latino, or Pacific Islander
- Are overweight or obese, especially around the middle (belly fat)
- Have high cholesterol, high triglycerides, low HDL cholesterol, and a high LDL cholesterol
- Don't exercise
- People over age 45 are most likely to get it.
Prediabetes makes you more likely to get heart disease or have a stroke. But you can take action to lower those risks.
Your doctor will give you one of three simple blood tests:
Fasting plasma glucose test. You won't eat for 8 hours before taking this blood test.
The results are:
- Normal if your blood sugar is less than 100
- Prediabetes if your blood sugar is 100-125
- Diabetes if your blood sugar is 126 or higher
Oral glucose tolerance test. First, you'll take the fasting glucose test. Then you'll drink a sugary solution. Two hours after that, you'll take another blood test.
The results are:
- Normal if your blood sugar is less than 140 after the second test
- Prediabetes if your blood sugar is 140-199 after the second test
- Diabetes if your blood sugar is 200 or higher after the second test
Hemoglobin A1C (or average blood sugar) test. This blood test shows your average blood sugar level for the past 2 to 3 months. Doctors can use it to diagnose prediabetes or diabetes or, if you already know you have diabetes, it helps show whether it's under control.
The results are:
- Normal: 5.6% or less
- Prediabetes: 5.7 to 6.4%
- Diabetes: 6.5% or above
If you do not want to become diabetic in near future, the top 3 things you must do are:
1. Weight control. If you're overweight, your prediabetes is more likely to turn into diabetes. Losing even as little as 5% to 10% of your body weight makes a difference.
2. Exercise. Get moderate exercise for 30 minutes a day, such as cycling, swimming, or brisk walking. It helps prevent and manage diabetes, studies show. Aerobic exercise, the kind that gets your heart rate up, is ideal. If you're not active now, check with your doctor first.
3. Nutrition. Go for meals that mix low-fat protein, vegetables, and whole grains. Limit calories, serving sizes, sugar, and starchy carbs. Favor fiber-rich foods, which help you feel full and not eat too much.
- Our approach is simple, yet effective. We have a team of qualified Diabetes Experts and Nutritionists who remain with the patient from diagnosis till recovery.
- We try not to put our patients on medication straightaway.
- We help them through counselling - where we educate them about Diabetes.
- We conduct few essential tests and discuss the results with the patients in details.
- We chalk out an easy to follow diet plan
- We work out an easy-to-do exercise regime.
- Lastly, we prescribe integrated medicines (combination of Ayurveda and Allopath) for instant and long lasting relief.
- Our team follows up with the Patient on regular basis so that they are encouraged to follow our prescription religiously